This modality provides the educational delivery to people who live far away from the School, through the use of several systems registered, approved, coordinated, and supervised by the specific agency. (Article 54, Act of National Education Act).
It is a variation of the distance modality which provides educational delivery to the person who, for work commitment or other reasons, cannot regularly attend an educational center. Blended education combines learning activities with the presence of teachers or tutors and self-learning activities through the use of appropriate means and resources, such as learning or research guides; among others. The educational delivery is carried out on weekends or in periods of time suitable for the possibilities of the students. (Article 2. Agreement 3590-2011).
What educational services are provided in this modality?
Distance Modality Education
(Article 6. Agreement 3590-2011)
- 4th to 6th grades at the primary level, for students of age corresponding to the school level.
- 2nd to 6th grades at the primary level, for over-aged students and Accelerated Adult Education.
- Middle Education.
- High School Education providing all the authorized careers in this modality.
- All educational levels for students with special educational needs.
- Educational plans, programs and projects for vocational education, and training, specifically designed to be delivered through this modality.
(Article 7. Agreement 3590-2011)
- Pre-primary education.
- Primary Education in corresponding age, overage, and accelerated education for adults.
- Middle School Education in corresponding age, overage, and accelerated education for adults.
- High School Education within the framework of vocational education is authorized for young people of the corresponding age and adults.
- All of the educational levels for students with special educational needs.
- Educational plans, programs, and projects for vocational educational and technical, specifically designed to be delivered in a blended model.
Who can provide these educational services?
(Art.8, Agreement 3590-2011)
Prior authorization, the entities which can provide this program are:
- Dependencies of the Ministry of Education
- Autonomous and Semi-Autonomous Government Dependencies
- Private educational schools
- Associations, organized groups, non-governmental organizations –NGO- and private entities
What must be done to provide these educational services?
The interested entity in providing educational services through the distance and blended educational modality must submit to the Regional Coordination of Non-Formal Education of the Regional Directorate of Education in its jurisdiction, a request letter following the established guidelines in the Procedures and Management Protocol (Article 10, Agreement 3590-2011).
What is the protocol and where can be obtained?
The Protocol is a set of guidelines for the organization, the technical support, and the operational management aspects related to the plans and programs of the Base National Curriculum and non-curricular ones. Likewise, it indicates the requirements that must be part of the file of the entities which request the authorization, operation, and control of the educational delivery in the distance and blended modalities.
In this section, you can download the protocol (user guide) and the MDS-FOR-01 application form and the Ministerial Agreement that regulates this process.